With the Scottish graduate of the year nominations being announced...
There are 8 graduates in the shortlist out of which the fashion course has got 6.....
The nominees are:
1. Natalie Traynor - Heriot-Watt School of Textiles & Design
2. Jill MacLennan - Robert Gordon - Grays School of Art, Aberdeen
3. Toni Roddie - Robert Gordon - Grays School of Art, Aberdeen
4. Joanne McGillivray - Heriot-Watt School of Textiles & Design
5. David Black - Heriot-Watt School of Textiles & Design
6. Catriona Clark - Heriot-Watt School of Textiles & Design
7. Coryn Dickson - Heriot-Watt School of Textiles & Design
8. Deborah Morgan - Heriot-Watt School of Textiles & Design
Also nominated for the Scottish Textile Brand / Textile Designer of the Year sponsored by House of Fraser
Spencer Clothing. Judy R Clark, Graduate of the fashion course.
Jaggy Nettle, who teach into the school and helped to select the Fashion show for 2012
Also nominated Scottish Young Designer of the Year sponsored by Scottish Fashion Council
Isolated heroes, who graduated from the fashion course in 2011
Obscure Couture, who graduated in 2010
So we look forward to the awards evening........
In the intervening time you might wish to pop over to Judy R Clarks blog
where she says:
"All at Spencer Clothing are delighted to be short listed at the prestigious Scottish Fashion Awards this year. Colin and I have worked hard to produce a fresh new commercial brand designed in Scotland.
Only launching in January this year we are honoured to be up there with some of the best names in the industry.
I noted a wealth of the SFA talent, from graduates to designers, have all been down to good old Galashiels to study at Heriot Watt University where I once studied myself, a great university which is sending the Scottish fashion elite out in force!
Congratulations to all the nominees, looking forward to seeing you all on the red carpet!